Place: Oregon Coast and the Pacific Ocean
We went on a road trip ...
What will you ride on?
I'll ride a snow-white pony!
I'll ride a snow-white pony!
Silver bridle, golden girth,
I will travel round the earth.
{taken from Hey! My Pony! by Eleanor Farjeon}
This is my rock
And here I run
To steal the secret of the sun.
{taken from This is my Rock by David McCord}
Last night I saw you in the sky.
I watched you jumping from so high, ...
Yet here you are,
Quietly curling. You are found
Upon this soft and sandy mound,
Cooled by the spray, all safe and sound.
{taken from Starfish by Winifred Welles}
How bright on the blue
Is a kite when it's new!
With a dive and a dip
It snaps its tail
Then soars like a ship
With only a sail ...
{taken from The Kite by Harry Behn}
I must go to the seas again, for the call of the running tide,
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied.
{taken from Sea Fever by John Masefeld}



